The ATA is well positioned to comment on the VEET scheme, with our members having been proactively involved with installing and utilising energy efficient products and practices for the past 30 years.
The overwhelming evidence from ATA members during this 30 year period is that end-use energy efficiency is a highly effective tool for reducing cost and greenhouse gas emissions:
- Energy efficiency drives down electricity bills for households and businesses with very short payback periods.
- Energy efficiency delivers a low or no cost environmental outcome by reducing fossil fuel energy consumption.
- Energy efficiency leads to greater consumer awareness of energy management within a building or premises.
- Energy efficiency raises consumer awareness of more sustainable technologies in both the energy and other sectors.
- Energy efficiency raises consumer awareness of simple and effective behaviour change opportunities that can lead to further significant economic and environmental benefits.