Copper and silver used for sanitisation has been used for thousands of years. The Romans used it to sanitise their baths.
We have had our pool for 4 years now and no-one has ever been sick from it.
People usually comment how pleasant it is as there is no chlorine smell or sticky salt, or need to rinse off after a swim.
Chlorine is a known toxic chemical. Read below..
What are the health effects of chlorine?
The reaction of the human body to chlorine depends on the concentration of chlorine present in air, and on the duration and frequency of exposure. Effects also depend on the health of an individual and the environmental conditions during exposure.
When small amounts of chlorine are breathed in during short time periods, this can affect the respirational system. Effects vary from coughing and chest pains, to fluid accumulation in the lungs. Chlorine can also cause skin and eye irritations. These effects do not take place under natural conditions. When chlorine enters the body it is not very persistent, because of its reactivity.
Pure chlorine is very toxic, even small amounts can be deadly. During World War I chlorine gas was used on a large scale to hurt or kill enemy soldiers. The Germans were the first to use chlorine gas against their enemies.
Chlorine is much denser than air, causing it to form a toxic fume above the soil. Chlorine gas affects the mucous membrane (nose, throat, eyes). Chlorine is toxic to mucous membranes because it dissolves them, causing the chlorine gas to end up in the blood vessels. When chlorine gas is breathed in the lungs fill up with fluid, causing a person to sort of drown.
Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/processes/disinfection/chemical/disinfectants-chlorine.htm#ixzz2UofPvouO
Posted Thursday 30 May 2013 @ 10:06:30 pm from IP #