There are now more than 1 million homes across Australia with solar panels on their roof, generating and using clean, green power directly from the sun.
Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems typically consist of a number of panels and a device called an inverter. The panels, usually made from silicon, convert light from the sun into electrical energy.
If you are thinking of solar panels for your home, you’ll find a thorough yet concise overview of what you need to know in the ATA’s newly updated Solar Electricity booklet.
In it you will find information on:
- Types of solar power systems
- Solar panels and other system components
- Metering and solar PV
- Siting considerations, sizing your system and system design
- Rebates and feed-in tariffs
- Checklists to help with selecting a system and installer
- Solar lingo.
The Solar Electricity booklet can be downloaded electronically as a PDF document for just $5 ($4.25 for ATA members) from the ATA’s Webshop. Buying the printed booklet incurs an additional postage and printing charge. Click here to purchase.