The Alternative Technology Association (ATA) collects personal information that is needed to for it to deliver services to its members, and to achieve its purpose. This personal information can include contact details, opinions (whether true or not), or other information relating to a person that is relevant to
Any information ATA collects will be at the level that is reasonable for that purpose.
Personal information will be collected from the person in most cases. In cases where personal information is collected from someone else (such as a gift subscription), the person will be informed that we have collected information.
Access to information
In order to keep this information secure:
- ATA databases are password protected
- Files with contact information are stored out of public areas
ATA branch convenors have access to contact details for local members and renew subscribers. The convenors have all signed an agreement to use this information for ATA purposes only and to keep it confidential.
Passing on information to others
ATA does not pass on personal information to third parties unless it has received consent from the person.
ATA may forward a third party’s details to a person on its database, so that they can then get in touch with that third party at their own discretion.
Use of personal information
ATA may use personal information to:
- Let members know about upcoming events or activities
- Ask people if they want to take part in ATA activities or contribute to forums
- Forward information to people that may be of interest
- Run fundraising campaigns in order to achieve ATA’s purpose or outcomes
- Maintain, seek renewals or process orders or memberships
- Seek information
Access to your own personal information
On request, ATA will provide access to personal information kept on a person.
If you want to talk to someone at ATA or believe there is a problem with privacy, please contact ATA.